The deadly fungus that causes the fruit to be poisonous to cats can also cause cancer.
The University of Miami found that a strain of tropical fruit that causes cats to contract a deadly skin disease called psoriasis is also found in cats that have already developed psoridiosis, a condition that can cause hair loss and skin inflammation.
The research, published in the Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, shows that the fungus also can infect mice and rats.
“The fruit is extremely poisonous, and it’s been shown to cause cancer,” said Dr. J. Scott Brown, the lead author of the study.
Brown is an assistant professor of medicine and microbiology at the University of Florida and a former clinical associate professor at the UF School of Veterinary Medicine.
The new research could help prevent the spread of psorids, a potentially life-threatening disease that causes a type of inflammation that can lead to hair loss, a common problem in cats.
“I think this is the first time we have really shown that this fungal toxin can cause this disease,” Brown said.
The fungal infection caused by the fungus, called Psoriasis Tropicana, is common in cats and dogs.
In one study, Brown and his colleagues found that 1 in 20 cats with psoroid infections developed the disease.
They tested a strain that is more common in dogs, which also is associated with psoralenosis, a more serious skin disease that can also lead to death.
Brown said that the strain of fruit that caused psorias in cats is actually a new one found in a tropical forest, which is a type that cats don’t eat, so the fruit could be an evolutionary remnant of the fungal lineage that predates the domestication of cats.
Brown and his team found that cats infected with the strain that causes psoralisosis can contract the fungus and develop psorosis.
Brown said that this new study demonstrates that psoralises can actually spread to humans and that cats are more likely to be infected than people who don’t carry the fungus.
The researchers did not find any evidence of the fungus being passed to humans, but that it is still being found in some pets.
Brown and colleagues believe that the new strain could be passed through the skin of cats, and that the disease can be spread from cats to humans through contact with cats.
It is unknown if the fungus was transmitted from a cat to someone else.
Brown is studying the spread and transmission of psorales from cats and humans to better understand how it spreads, he said.
“It’s not that we don’t know the fungens are out there, it’s just that we have this very limited knowledge about how it is spread,” Brown explained.
“Our understanding of how it does its work is limited.”